It’s time to get your hosting account set up! There are two awesome companies that I trust completely: Flywheel (where my site is hosted) and SiteGround (a budget friendly alternative). After working with a variety of hosting companies the last few years (like BlueHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, etc.), I can truly say that these two are the best of the best.
Flywheel is a premium “managed hosting” company. This means that they will handle all the (less fun) technical aspects of running a site: WordPress core updates, hacker and malware monitoring and removal if necessary, and daily site backups with a one click restore feature (worth the cost of admission alone!). Your site will load quickly and you can rest assured knowing it is safe and secure.
– Free migration to WordPress (from WordPress.com, Blogger.com, or another host)
– Get 1 month free if you pay yearly ($165/year+)
– Start on the Tiny Plan ($15/mo.) and if you need to upgrade, Flywheel will let you know. Your site will never be shut off because you’ve reached your max on visitors.
– If you choose Flywheel, let me know by email and I will set up a demo site from my account. When the test site is complete I transfer ownership to you. It’s easy for both of us and you don’t have to pay until you are ready to add content!
If you can’t afford managed hosting, SiteGround is my favorite shared (or “self”) hosting company. They are as close to a managed company as you’ll find because they do offer WordPress core updates and daily backups (although they do not have a 1-click restore feature).
With any shared hosting company you have to update WordPress, backup your site, and monitor your site for hackers/malware yourself. I do not offer hacker or malware monitoring or removal or site restores. If you choose SiteGround, you need to know that if your site is hacked you will have to hire a malware removal service like Sucuri to fix it.
– 60% off the first year
– Start with the StartUp plan and if you need to upgrade, SiteGround will let you know. Your site will never be shut off because you’ve reached your max on visitors.
– If you choose SiteGround, sign up for the StartUp account and forward me the registration emails you receive. I’ll take it from there!
To Break Down For you:
|Awesome & Speedy Customer Service||X||X|
|Free Migration to WordPress||X|
|Free Domain Name||X|
|WordPress Updates done for you||X||X|
|Built-in Caching (speeds up your site)||X||
|Daily Malware & Hacker Monitoring||X|
|Hacker or Malware Removal (if found)||X|
|Daily Auto Backups||X|
|1-Click Backup Restore||X|
|Cost Per Year (May Change)||$150/year||$59.88/1st year|
If you can afford it, Get Flywheel! I sleep well knowing that my site is safe, secure, and backed up. Managed hosting is awesome because all of the details are taken care of automatically for you without you having to think about them. It only takes one instance of your site getting hacked to wish you’d invested a little bit more per month with Flywheel.
If you need to migrate to WordPress, Get Flywheel! A migration from WordPress.com or Blogger.com will cost you $250+ in addition to hosting at another company. It is absolutely worth it to invest that money in better hosting instead!
If you are on a budget (and don’t need a migration) then SiteGround is the next best choice. I have worked with SiteGround for years and they are always quick and helpful.
If you choose Flywheel, email me and I will set up a demo site from my account. When the site is complete I transfer ownership to you. It’s easy for both of us and you don’t have to pay until you are ready to add content!
If you choose SiteGround, sign up for the StartUp account and forward me the registration emails you receive. I’ll take it from there!
Really, you can’t go wrong either way. I take care of all the behind-the-scenes technical aspects set-up of WordPress and your domain with either company. You don’t have to figure out the cPanel, Database, FTP settings, or DNS settings!
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional advice!
Work With Me